The Carefix barrier mask is used as a passive support garment that forms a barrier for hand-to-face contamination. It may also help minimize the transmissionof airborne organisms from coughing, speaking, sneezing or respiration from persons nearby.
The barrier mask is not a medical supply, but a valid alternative to protect oneself when going outside.
The barrier mask is in a seamless and so-called one-piece tube design, eliminating the use of irritating elastic bands around the ears. The design of the product ensures easy and safe use as well as a good fit, so that the mask stays in place and is extremely comfortable to wear.
Compared to single-use face masks, the Carefix barrier mask is better for the environment, as it is washable and can be reused multiple times.
- Reduces the risk of hand-to-face contamination
- May help minimize the transmission of airborne organisms
- Protects both user and surrounding persons
- Good fit ensures high comfort, correct placement and help avoid too much touching of the mask
- Easy to apply
- Soft, flexible, seamless and breathable material
- Can be folded to small size and easily kept in a bag or pocket
- Washable and reusable - can be washed up to 25 times
- Latex-free material for the safety of the user
- Tested for harmful substances according to Oeko-Tex standard 100
- Bags of 5 pcs. per size and colour in boxes of 400 pcs
- Bags of 100 pcs. per size and colour in boxes of 400 pcs
- The seamless barrier mask is recommended to be used as a passive support by people who are looking for personal protection as a result of social distancing and other government regulations. The mask is a reusable mask for civil use only.
How is this product different than a traditional surgical mask?
The Tytex Barrier Mask product is a textile mask which can be washed and reused, tested up to 25 washes. It comes in white, black and tan. It is a tubular design, no straps over the ears, which fits over the mouth and nose stretching to the back of the neck. A surgical mask is intended for one time use only, and must be discarded after each use.
Is this a one size fits all?
No, there are two available sizes S/M and M/L. Both sizes are intended for adult use only. S/M - 46-52 cm or 18-21 in and M/L 51-60 cm or 20-24 in Circumference from neck to mid nose.
What is the most common size?
It depends on the user of the product and target audience. It depends on the anatomical size of the users, please refer to the size chart and measure your face/head accordingly.
Why is the product too tight?
It is important that the product fits as tightly as possible as you want as little as possible air transfer between the face and mask. If the product fits too tightly, refer to the size chart if a larger size may be necessary.
Why is the product too loose and or slipping down my nose?
It is important that the product fits as tightly as possible as you want as little as possible air transfer between the face and mask. If the product fits too loosely, refer to the size chart if a smaller size may be necessary. Also depending on the anatomical shape of your face or head, you may need to raise the back of the mask on your neck so that it better fits over the front of your face and nose and reduces the sliding down on our nose.
What level of filtration does the mask have?
This is a non-medical, textile mask. It is intended for civilian use only as recommended by many national, regional, and local health authorities. At present, Tytex is having its barrier mask being tested by an independent laboratory in France that is recognized as a global leader in measuring filtration levels. The Tytex barrier mask has passed very well these tests and the numerical filtration levels will be made available to Tytex by said laboratory this month of June.