The Collodion Remover from Mavidon gently removes collodion from electrode sites for painless removal.
Collodion Remover is a proprietary blend of mild solvents designed to penetrate tapes and soften adhesives to facilitate removal. Frequently adhesive removers leave residue on the skin. With it's slow evaporation rate Collodion Remover will leave less (if any) residue of adhesive. To remove any residue, simply wash off completely with any mild soap and water.
The product may be used for all age groups
Collodion Remover may also be used to clean (non-LDPE plastic) medical applicators by soaking for 10-15 minutes. Wash any residue off with soap and water
- Collodion: Apply liberally to each electrode site. After soaking each site the first electrode will be loosening up. The oily feeling is a moisturizing oil which we included in our product to help dissolve collodion and protects the skin and hair from drying out. After removing all the electrodes, comb out as much of the collodion residue as possible. We recommend that you leave Collodion Remover in the hair until the patient washes his/her hair. The benefit of this is that the remover will continue to work on the residue and once washed out with shampoo you will find virtually no residue left. However, please take caution because the remover will melt LDPE plastics (hearing aids, glasses, car seats, phones....etc)
- Electrode Leads and other devices: Soak electrode leads in a glass or HDPE jar until collodion residues is easily removed. Wash the leads with soap and water to remove any Collodion residue before reusing.
- Use with care:
- May discolor or remove furniture paints.
- May melt low density plastics.
- May dissolve exam gloves.
- For External Use Only!
- May Cause Eye Irritation.
- Do not use on open wounds!
- Keep Container tightly closed.
- Discontinue if skin irritation occurs.